Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/02/27 00:04:45 UTC

Hypervisor IQN Question

Hi,

I was wondering, in Edison's new storage plug-in model, we'll be able to
create volumes (LUNs) dynamically in response to Compute and Disk Offerings
being run.  I think I mentioned yesterday a need for CHAP credentials and
Marcus answered that this is possible to deliver in the 4.2 framework.

Today someone mentioned that CHAP credentials may not always be required in
the future for my use case.  What I would need instead is to know the IQN
of the initiator the hypervisor in question is using and tell the volume I
create to accept connections from it.

What I was wondering is if this IQN info is available in our CS database or
if I'd have to make a call into the hypervisor to obtain the info.

I was also wondering in a cluster if each host has a unique IQN or if they
share a single IQN.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*