Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Baldes <db...@open.ch> on 2008/03/03 10:25:13 UTC

Struts2, JDO transaction handling

Hi,

If I want to edit my domain objects directly, how can I handle
transactions? Example:

<s:textfield name="login.username" />

My action has getLogin(), which returns a database-persistent object. In
order to let struts set properties of the object, a transaction must be
active.

I wonder if there is a "common way" to do this, if you don't use spring.

One way around this would be to return detached objects and attach them
in a transaction, but this leads to rather complex code because our
domain model is heavily networked and we would need to consider what to
detach, we cannot link non-detached objects to detached ones etc.

Any hints / suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel