Posted to issues@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com> on 2016/10/04 23:21:33 UTC

Moving in to the Apache Incubator!

As most of you know, we have been working in the back ground to move Traffic Control in to the Apache Incubator. All legal i's and t's are dotted and crossed now, so we're going to start the move.

First, email lists. In Apache it's only official if it happened on the email list. So it's OK to discuss stuff in person or via phone/chat/video conferencing, and even to get consensus there, but it's not decided until it was discussed on the list. If it is a major feature or change, we probably want to do a [VOTE] thread.

We have these lists for anyone to join:

issues@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
users@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
dev@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
commits@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org

You can subscribe to those by sending an email to <list>-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org <ma...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org> and following the instructions in the email response.

If you want to see everything going on, just send one email to these addresses:

issues-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
users-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
dev-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org
commits-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org

and reply to the responses.

I propose that in the next few months we keep an eye on the Google Groups as well, and if questions pop up there, we ask the OP to repost on the apache list. The website will be updated soon to reflect the new Apache status and lists.

Soon we will also move the source code into the Apache git repo, and the issues to an Apache JIRA instance; more on the new processes that go along with that as we do these moves.

Best Regards,
JvD

Re: Moving in to the Apache Incubator!

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jan, this is great news!  Are we going to keep the slack instance
around?

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.