Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/24 16:55:27 UTC

java webservice example

I checked in a java webservice example, it uses plain servlet:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/devicemap/trunk/examples/servlet/

Its running here:

http://devicemap-vm.apache.org/dmap-servlet/

direct call:

http://devicemap-vm.apache.org/dmap-servlet/classify

Im going to do a Spring example too, probably over the weekend. It will pretty much be the same, except it will use a Spring controller. Also, this example uses the 1.1 version of the dmap java client. The toString() method of the v1.1 Device object outputs valid json, so its easier to work with than having to manually generate this json.

I need to add an init.d script to tomcat, if the vm restarts, tomcat wont start, this is probably why the service keeps on disappearing in the past.

Re: java webservice example

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
P.s.: I tested the dmap-servlet example against 3 major containers I have
installed in JBoss Tools and

   - Tomcat 7
   - TomEE Web Profile 1.6
   - JBoss WildFly 8