Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/01 15:11:33 UTC

[nightly build] [configuration]

I finally got things configured so that [configuration] will build
along with the other m1 nightlies.  The problem is that - IIUC and C
may well be off -  in m1, you can "upgrade" plugins selectively via
version specifications in the pom, but you can't "downgrade" them.  As
long as the 1.9.2 xdoc plugin is installed locally, m1 will load it
and that will hose the [configuration] build.  Workaround is to
explicitly install 1.8 using maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven
-DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin -Dversion=1.8.  That uninistalls 1.9.2,
but as long as other components have 1.9.2 specified in their poms, m1
will cache and use 1.9.2 for them.  This works4me locally and on
vmbuild. Anyone else wanting to build [configuration] as well as other
commons components will likely have to do the same.

Moral of the story - let's get going on m2 ;-).  Once a component has
a working m2 build, to move the nightlies to m2, just move it from
commons-nightly/trunk/nightly_proper_maven_list.txt to
commons-nightly/trunk/nightly_proper_maven2_list.txt
(or _sandbox_ for sandbox components).

I also got the wget working on people, so the nightly tarballs / zips
are back again at
http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/
Next step is to do same for maven snapshot jars.

Phil

Re: [nightly build] [configuration]

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot Phil !