Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "feng l.liu" <fe...@oracle.com> on 2016/08/17 11:22:58 UTC

why AntClassLoader is not a parallel capable class loader

Hi experts

I noticed that AntClassLoader is not registered itself as parallel
capable class loader during the initial process.

Can anyone please tell me the reason ?

Sorry for any inconvenience

Best regards

Re: why AntClassLoader is not a parallel capable class loader

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-08-17, feng l.liu wrote:

> I noticed that AntClassLoader is not registered itself as parallel
> capable class loader during the initial process.

> Can anyone please tell me the reason ?

Because this is a feature that has been added with Java7 and Ant 1.9.x
targets Java5. And AntClassLoader hasn't been touched for a long time.

We could register it when we're running on Java7 - and on the master
branch in either case - if it really is parallel capable, we need to
double check that.

Do you want to open a bugzilla issue so we keep track of it?

Cheers

        Stefan