Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Deepak Reddy <dr...@couponsinc.com> on 2011/09/02 04:14:17 UTC

cache option not working for zipped files in pig 0.8

Hi,

I am trying to use a cached filed called GeoLiteCity.dat.gz#datafile in my pig script.

For that I used the CACHE keyword as CACHE('HDFS archivefile#symlink');

But when I try to refer to this file in my UDF its not really working.

So I tried the work around as mapred.cache.archives HDFS archive#symlink and mapred.create.symlink as yes

Even this didn't work, but when I created a unzipped file and used it as part of mapred.cache.archives the UDF returned the right results.

The same didn't work when I used CACHE('HDFS unzippedfile#symlink');

Can you please tell me if these are known issues in pig 0.8 or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you,
Deepak Reddy