Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nigel nigek <ni...@munster.demon.co.uk> on 2002/09/15 19:35:12 UTC

Apache-Tomcat Production Configuration

Hi all

With Tomcat 4.1.10 now released and labelled as 'stable', I am
interested in whether it is ready for prime-time? Indeed, should I be
using mod_jk or mod_jk2 for communication between Apache 2.0.40 /Tomcat
in our production website? The fallback option we have is Tomcat
4.0.4/mod_jk.

In my dev-team, there is a bit FUD because of:
1) the lack of docco for config
2) mod_jk2 is only available as a nightly build, i.e. it has not yet
reached "release" calibre
3) new-ness of this release meaning it has not yet been sufficiently
battletested.

For the first point, I have found sufficient config guidance in  the
many HOWTOs published on the mailing lists but I am most concerned in
the stability of the 4.1.10 release. So any advice on what production
configuration I should propose (and why) will be appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel