Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eray Aslan <er...@caf.com.tr> on 2007/03/06 08:09:12 UTC

Russian and Chinese spam rulesets?

Hello,

Some Russian and Chinese spam (especially Russian) is making its way to
our users inboxes.  We do business with those 2 countries.
Consequently, lots of legitimate emails go back and forth so that I
cannot just bump up the score for these 2 locales.  We do use user
submitted spam/ham emails for bayesian training but SA is still not as
good as catching, say, English spam.

Anyone know of any good rules sets for SA for determining spam for
Russian and Chinese emails?

Thank you
--
Eray

Re: Russian and Chinese spam rulesets?

Posted by Kevin Golding <ke...@caomhin.demon.co.uk>.
In article <45...@caf.com.tr>, Eray Aslan
<er...@caf.com.tr> writes
>Some Russian and Chinese spam (especially Russian) is making its way to
>our users inboxes.  We do business with those 2 countries.
>Consequently, lots of legitimate emails go back and forth so that I
>cannot just bump up the score for these 2 locales.  We do use user
>submitted spam/ham emails for bayesian training but SA is still not as
>good as catching, say, English spam.
>
>Anyone know of any good rules sets for SA for determining spam for
>Russian and Chinese emails?

This has always seemed pretty reliable for Chinese spam:
<http://www.ccert.edu.cn/spam/sa/Chinese_rules_en.htm>

They update quite regularly and I've not had any problems from using it.
Although in fairness I don't handle a great deal of Chinese mail so
greater volumes may get different results.

Kevin