Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edy Lie <fr...@magix.com.sg> on 2001/12/15 15:53:40 UTC

mod_jk solaris

Greetings ...

I have installed tomcat 3.3 in Solaris 8 sparc with apache 1.3.22. Tomcat able to run and mod_jk.so has been compiled from source and place in the directory /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so

But when i tried to start mod_jk with apache i got this message. I have tried google but no luck still. Thanks

# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 4 of /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol ap_table_get: referenced symbol not found

entry for mod_jk.conf

########## Auto generated on Sat Dec 15 22:24:08 GMT+08:00 2001##########

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel emerg

JkMount /admin ajp13
JkMount /admin/* ajp13

JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

Regards,
Edy Lie

Re: mod_jk solaris

Posted by Peter Hitchman <pe...@derwent.co.uk>.
Hi,
So I am guessing that the problem is that the symbol get_ap_table does not
exists in the httpd binary?

Pete

Edy Lie wrote:

> Hi Pete
>
> Thanks for the reply
>
> this is what i get when i issued
>
> # ldd mod_jk.so
>         librt.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/librt.so.1
>         libaio.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libaio.so.1
>         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
>         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
>         /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: mod_jk solaris

Re: mod_jk solaris

Posted by Peter Hitchman <pe...@derwent.co.uk>.
Hi,

Edy Lie wrote:

> Greetings ...
>
> I have installed tomcat 3.3 in Solaris 8 sparc with apache 1.3.22.
> Tomcat able to run and mod_jk.so has been compiled from source and place
> in the directory /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
>
> But when i tried to start mod_jk with apache i got this message. I have
> tried google but no luck still. Thanks
>
> # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
> Syntax error on line 4 of
> /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol ap_table_get: referenced
> symbol not found
>
> entry for mod_jk.conf
>
> ########## Auto generated on Sat Dec 15 22:24:08 GMT+08:00
> 2001##########
>
> <IfModule !mod_jk.c>
>   LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
> </IfModule>
>
> JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/jk/workers.properties"
> JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/logs/mod_jk.log"
>
> JkLogLevel emerg
>
> JkMount /admin ajp13
> JkMount /admin/* ajp13
>
> JkMount /examples ajp13