Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Boyer <Da...@bvu.edu> on 2005/03/03 23:31:27 UTC

path attributes in context xml files

I use xml files in /conf/[enginename]/[hostname] to define my contexts.
I now know that Tomcat 5.5.x doesn't allow for 'path' attributes in the
Context elements when defined that way.

Previously, I could specify the path as '/dir1/dir2/appname'.  I can
easily rename the xml file to 'appname.xml', but how do I get the other
directories into the path without a 'path' attribute in the Context
element. Using the 5.5.x approach, by web application is at '/appname'
instead of '/dir1/dir2/appname'.

Is there a way to get a multi-directory path using this approach (a la
Tomcat 5.0.x), or will I need to declare these Contexts in my server.xml
to do that?

Re: path attributes in context xml files

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Yes there is. I cannot remember, but it is in the archives. It has to do
with how you name the file. Something like dir1#dir2#appname.xml or it may
have been an underscore. I will see if I can find it if no one else knows
off the top.

Doug