Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by waseemfa <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 08:00:48 UTC

Re: Load web site with concurrent users using JMeter

Hi,

You are supposed to use "Synchronization Timer" to achieve this.  Add it as
a post processor and you'll see the request being sent concurrently.

-Waseem

Re: Load web site with concurrent users using JMeter

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Just to clear out, what you really want is to leverage

1. concurrent users: many users navigating on your site/application in any
page; or
2. simultaneous users: many users navigating on your site/application in
the same page/doing the same operation.

If what you want is the 1st, I suggest you to preserve the Constant Timer
and use a Runtime Controller to wrap the requests.
If what you want is the 2nd, you should use Ramp-up 0, remove the Constant
Timer and use the Synchronization Timer, as suggested by Waseem.

One point to consider if you choose the 1st is that you may need more
threads to achieve the desired load on server side.
Other point is that you can use Synchronization Timer on the 1st choice,
but to achieve a better concurrent load I would change Constant Timer fora
Random Timer.