Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by GEORGE MCKINNEY <gh...@shaw.ca> on 2005/12/01 18:56:40 UTC

Axis Client Fault handling - can we automatically deserialize the Element[] from getFaultDetails?

The WSDL of the service we are building a client for has a schema for elements that may be returned in the <Fault><<detail> element

However, no other part of the WSDL refers to that element.

Our axis generated client ( from a WSDL ) includes classes that match those elemts, and when we send a message with a deliberate error, the SOAP Fault <detail> in the response has what we expect, and that Element is included in the AxisFault we get.

However, I don't see a way to:

deserialize the contents of the <detail> into an instance of the class or (even better ), to tell axis to generate a client that will throw some specific Exception when it receives specific fault contents. The latter I can manage (and the former as well ), but it would be nicer if I could tell Axis to do it for me.

Is there a way, either by adding more information to the WSDL, by configuring the wsdl2java task properly, or by saying some other magic words, or should I just brush up on my (j)DOM?

Thanks,
George McKinney