Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/27 11:16:18 UTC

DMTP (have you seen this)

Hi all,
I know i've been just about invisible since Apacheconeu, too much work
on, but I saw this and thought of you...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duan-smtp-receiver-driven-03.txt

"The objective of Differentiated Mail Transfer Protocol (DMTP) is to
   define simple extensions to the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
   [RFC2821] that provide greater control to receivers over the email
   delivery process.  The current SMTP based email delivery architecture
   is essentially sender-driven, in which any sender can push an email
   message to any receiver at will, regardless of whether or not the
   receiver is interested in receiving the message.  It is only after
   receiving the entire message that the receiver has the opportunity to
   examine the message header and contents and either accept or discard
   it."