Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/06 22:00:33 UTC

Ranger and hive.server2.enable.doAs configuration

 After Ranger installation and enabled hive plugin for Ranger, one of the
configuration it modified was   *hive.server2.enable.doAs=false*.   Right
now all the jobs are running it as "hive" users. What is the reason it was
recommended to change it to FALSE.

When we try to drop the table , it is throwing permission error even though
we are logged in as "dwuser" but the Ranger considering it as "hive" user.

   1. Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution
Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
MetaException(message:java.security.AccessControlException: Permission
denied: user=hive, access=WRITE,
inode="/data/insight/dwuser":dwuser:dwuser:drwxr-xr-x

Is it any impact if we are changing it back to TRUE ?