Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2003/07/12 16:38:15 UTC

Improper use of HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST in apr/threadproc/unix/signals.c

Unlike most other autoconf defines, this is *defined to 0* when the check
symbol is not found. (See info autoconf, search on "Macro: AC_CHECK_DECLS")

The usage in threadproc/unix/signals.c:
#if defined(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED) || defined(HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST)
is therefore incorrect. Instead, it should be:
#if defined(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED) || HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST

Max.

Re: Improper use of HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST in apr/threadproc/unix/signals.c

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:02:06AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 03:38:15PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
> > Unlike most other autoconf defines, this is *defined to 0* when the check
> > symbol is not found. (See info autoconf, search on "Macro: AC_CHECK_DECLS")
> >
> > The usage in threadproc/unix/signals.c:
> > #if defined(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED) || defined(HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST)
> > is therefore incorrect. Instead, it should be:
> > #if defined(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED) || HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST
>
> Ooops, thanks Max, I've checked that in.  I now see that sys_siglist is
> *not* getting detected in glibc becase -D_GNU_SOURCE isn't added to
> CPPFLAGS until after a little later on.

Hah.  In fact this macro is completely useless in autoconf 2.57 because
it doesn't #include signal.h, so it will always fail to detect
sys_siglist.

Re: Improper use of HAVE_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST in apr/threadproc/unix/signals.c

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.