Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/30 17:44:46 UTC

Dealocked threads...

Hi All,

When will 2.4.1 be released. I am experiencing the thread deadlocks in an earlier version and it is casuing some project delays.

If we were to use the unsynchronize option would the deadlock go away? What are the risks then is there a concern about the XMLBean package itself not being thread safe? We are reading property files and using the XMLBeans to run queries against the files.

Best Regards,
-Tony

RE: Dealocked threads...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Cezar,

Thanks for your response I will see if I can find the trunk you mentioned and see if there is a build there I can point the development team to.

As far as managing threads I believe there is a singleton design pattern involved but I will have to check with the development team. Since servlets are involved (Oracle Web Logic Portal 10.3) I am guessing it might be thread safe already because of the servlet model but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks for mentioning a possible release in the near future since I found out 2.4.1 has the fix and I assume you mean that version. There was some mention of some recommended addition fixes in the url: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-388
Not sure if the latest recommendation is added.

Again Many Thanks,
Tony

Posted by Cezar Andrei <ce...@oracle.com>.
Hi Tony,