Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Aust <ch...@wilde-welt.de> on 2005/02/16 10:42:51 UTC

[betwixt] Patch for ID storing strategy

Hi,

the following is a patch against current CVS
jakarta-commons/betwixt/src/java that implements a pluggable strategy
for storing already processed bean ID values. The default implementation
provided works exactly like it did before, but it allows me to override
this behaviour.

The idea is that (while serializing certain object trees that have a lot
of dependencies) not every instance that is referenced needs to show up
in the resulting XML. This depends on the use you make of it: XML
fragments designed to transfer individual pieces of information can be
significantly smaller than those needed to fully recreate a complex
object tree.

I'd be happy to commit this to the standard code base. Kind regards,

-  Christian

--

Christian Aust
mailto:christian@wilde-welt.de

Re: [betwixt] Patch for ID storing strategy

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
hi christian

i've taken a look at the patch and it seems ok as far as it goes. some
more is needed since logically something similar is needed for the read
phase. i'll probably find time to add read code tomorrow unless someone
one lists beats me to it...

in future, please consider adding some units and preferable some
documentation for the user guide. they are very much appreciated :)

- robert