Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 19:18:47 UTC

Asset tree generation from products associations

Hi,
I need to manage replicated structured Fixed Assets.

I have created a Product structure using ProductAssoc entity with
productAssocTypeId="MANUF_COMPONENT" to link a component with its
subcomponents.
I have now a Product tree with about 500 subcomponents distributed into
three levels.

Now I want to create the corresponding assets tree.

Is there any automatic tool to populate an asset three from a Product tree?

I would like to:
1) manually create the Top Level Fixed Asset
2) link the new asset to a structured Top Level Product
3) select a ProductAssocType (MANUF_COMPONENT in my case) to be used to
navigate the Product tree
4) automatically generate the assets tree

Does such a tool already exists in OFBiz?
Does this way of work make sense?

Thank you,
Bruno

Re: Asset tree generation from products associations

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,
the use case is something like railway vehicle maintenance.
In this case you have fleets of several vehicles (10 to hundreds) with an
identical structure made of hundreds of components on which maintenance
activity should be tracked.

The Product tree should act as the model and an asset tree should be
instantiated for every new vehicle that should be managed.

-Bruno

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Bruno,