Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bill Finn <bi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2014/11/06 13:43:25 UTC

malware

Greetings,
I use Open Office on my 2 desktop computers and love it.  I have an older Dell laptop that I use only occasionally.  I downloaded Open Office to it yesterday.  It runs Windows XP.  I had to disable the anti-virus program to download.  Your download program deposited several annoying “extras” to my computer.  One of them called Lasaoren has infected my computer and taken over my web browser.  Why do you do that?  All I wanted was a clean download of your product.   How can I get rid of Lasaoren?
Thanks,
Bill

Re: malware

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 11/06/2014 07:43 AM, Bill Finn wrote:
> Greetings,
> I use Open Office on my 2 desktop computers and love it.  I have an older Dell laptop that I use only occasionally.  I downloaded Open Office to it yesterday.  It runs Windows XP.  I had to disable the anti-virus program to download.  Your download program deposited several annoying “extras” to my computer.  One of them called Lasaoren has infected my computer and taken over my web browser.  Why do you do that?  All I wanted was a clean download of your product.   How can I get rid of Lasaoren?
> Thanks,
> Bill

I expect you downloaded from other than www.openoffice.org.  There are
other sites that load it up with crapware, as you apparently discovered.