Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sudheer Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/18 06:58:29 UTC

Have you experienced any performance issues with Apache DS on Solaris?

Hi,

Have you noticed any performance issues (slower compared to Linux) with
Apache DS on Solaris? I am talking about Apache DS 1.5.4.  If is is there
any improvement in later versions? say 1.5.5 or 1.5.6, 1.5.7?

--
Sudheer Kumar Arimbra

Re: Have you experienced any performance issues with Apache DS on Solaris?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/10 6:58 AM, Sudheer Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you noticed any performance issues (slower compared to Linux) with
> Apache DS on Solaris? I am talking about Apache DS 1.5.4.  If is is there
> any improvement in later versions? say 1.5.5 or 1.5.6, 1.5.7?

It all depends on what you mean by "performance issues". Slow is also
pretty vague. What kind of performance do you expect ?

Also note that, yes, 1.5.4 is slower than 1.5.3, and this is true for
1.5.5, 1.5.6 and 1.5.7. The basic rule is :
1.5.7 is slower than 1.5.6 which is slower than 1.5.5 ... than 1.5.2.

In other words, 1.5.2 was the fastest version, since then we injected a
hell lot of modifications and new features that slowed down the server.
We are currently working on speed improvement (FYI the trunk is now 4
times faster then 1.5.7).

Now, I can't say why ADS is slower on Solaris compared to Linux,
assuming that it's run on the same platform with the same JVM.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com