Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by grillot sebastien <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/14 13:40:54 UTC

Read an animated SVG

Hello :)
I have allready post this question but i don't understand the answer... sorry :$
I want to read this svg file
(http://www.kevlindev.com/dom/path_data/gravity.svg) in a svgcanvas
(with this code : http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgcanvas.html) the only
thing that i change is
		svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE) but there
is no animation... why ?)

If somebody can help me... :p

;)

Regards

Seb

--
Regist. Linux User #344952

/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
  -- 2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c

Re: Read an animated SVG

Posted by grillot sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15/07/05, Thomas DeWeese <Th...@kodak.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebastien.

Hi Thomas,

>     Because when you set the document to be just interactive you only
> get support for links and tooltips (title/desc) you don't get support
> for DOM modifications/ecmascript.  You need to set this to
> ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE or leave it alone.
>
>     The choice of ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE is only really useful for
> security freaks (still have access to links and other info but
> no script will run).  The auto detector can _always_ properly
> detect a document that needs interactivity, and it can always
> detect a document that uses ecma script, what it can't detect
> is that your Java Program is going to come in and modify an
> otherwise 'static' document.

Thanks a mil for your useful explainations.
But what can i do for reading these svg document ?
You answers me " Try using the Scroll example in
xml-batik/contrib/scroll/ScrollExample.java (you will have to modify
it to accept a URL or download the gravity.svg and the pathData.js
locally). " but i don't know what's ScrollExample... Since i didn't
find you example on the internet could you please send it to me per
email ;)

Thanks

Regards

Seb

Re: Read an animated SVG

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

> > I want to read this svg file
> > (http://www.kevlindev.com/dom/path_data/gravity.svg) in a svgcanvas
> > (with this code : http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgcanvas.html) the only
> > thing that i change is
> > 		svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE)
> > but there is no animation... why ?)
>
>     Because when you set the document to be just interactive you only
> get support for links and tooltips (title/desc) you don't get support
> for DOM modifications/ecmascript.  You need to set this to
> ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE or leave it alone.

Or Maybe you can set to ALWAYS_DYNAMIC

Regards
Tonny Kohar