Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ravindra Sahlot <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/27 19:11:10 UTC

using SSL with slide

can anybody please tell me, how to use JSSE package
with slide? actually I want slide client to use https.
I looked at the client code and found that HttpURL
class makes a connection to server by opening an
ordinary socket. Do I need my own implementation of
HttpsURL similar to HttpURL class?
I think other way is to modify HttpURL class itself
but that will require me to re-build the jars and may
be cumbersome.

Will there be support for https in next release of
Slide? If yes, when next release is scheduled?

Any pointers?

Regards,
-ravi