Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/20 16:18:29 UTC

[Axis2]Deployment of custom MessageReceiver

Hi Devs!

As part of service API implementation of JAX-WS. I've a requirement to
code my own custom MessageReceiver that would call additional methods
(init and destroy) on the service implementation class other than the
one matching operationName depending on whether the end-point
implementation class is implementing ServiceLifeCycle interface.
In that process, I looked into some way how I can register in the
server.xml a custom MessageReceiver (say JAXRPCRawXMLProvider), but
couldn't find the appropriate attribute. Can someone paste a line of
xml that shows how to add my custom MessageReceiver, if that feature
exists already in Axis2.

Any help in this regard ( I can even come up with a patch provided
minimal pointers are thrown to me ) will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance
Jayachandra
--
-- Jaya

Re: [Axis2]Deployment of custom MessageReceiver

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
Jaya,

Create a JIRA issue if you see the plug-in facility missing, and
possibly fix it too :-)

- venkat

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jaya;

It is already there in Axis2 , you can register MessageReceiver per
operation basis and the required xml element for the service.xml will look
like follows;

<operation name="echoString">
        <module ref="module1"/>
        <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver"/>
    </operation>

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~