Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Klaas Dellschaft <kl...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2004/11/23 16:48:34 UTC

Using the example program sax.Counter

Hi,

I have a question about the sax.Counter example program:

I try to validate a xml file against a schema. I thought I have to use the
following function call:

java sax.Counter -s -f -n <xml file>

If I call it this way the validation doesn't work. Now I was told that I
have to use sax.Counter this way:

java sax.Counter -v -f -n <xml file>

So what is exactly meant with "Turn on/off Schema validation support."?

Regards
Klaas Dellschaft

Re: Using the example program sax.Counter

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@cyberneko.net>.
Klaas Dellschaft wrote:
> I have a question about the sax.Counter example program:
>
> I try to validate a xml file against a schema. I thought I have to use
> the following function call:
>
> java sax.Counter -s -f -n <xml file>
>
> If I call it this way the validation doesn't work. Now I was told that I
> have to use sax.Counter this way:
>
> java sax.Counter -v -f -n <xml file>
>
> So what is exactly meant with "Turn on/off Schema validation support."?

The Schema validation option is only meaningful if validation
is enabled. Try the following:

   java sax.Counter -n -v -s -f <xml file>

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org