Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.pro> on 2014/12/04 14:57:33 UTC

camel-smpp: jsmpp dependency status?

camel-smpp uses the jsmpp project as a dependency

It started on Google Code, the site now has a link to the Github page of
Nuruddin Ashr

https://github.com/uudashr/jsmpp

I notice there haven't been any commits for over a year and no response
to a pull request that I submitted in November
https://github.com/uudashr/jsmpp/pull/39
 and other pull requests seem to have been waiting for a long time too.

On top of that, there are two permutations of it on Maven Central,
neither has the pom.xml from the Github repository though:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jsmpp
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.googlecode.jsmpp/jsmpp/2.1.0-RELEASE

The first of those is being used as the dependency for camel-smpp (it appears to add OSGi too), the POM doesn't show the name of the developer who created/uploaded it.

The second one was last uploaded to Maven in 2011.

Has anybody heard anything about Nuruddin or the status of jsmpp or the
Maven artifacts?

Re: camel-smpp: jsmpp dependency status?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It’s painful when using a lib without maintains. +1 for the Daniel to step out and release new version of jsmpp.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com