Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 07:29:23 UTC

What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)

It's time to get serious about rolling an RC. 0.10 seems pretty strong...
are there any pressing JIRAs that people want to try and get in? Looking at
the open JIRAs with a fix labeled of 0.10 (which is admittedly possibly
incomplete), it looks like there isn't anything terribly seriously left...
I'd love to get the ball rolling on an RC so we can test it and identify
any bugs.

Thoughts?

Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
RE the CI/e2e, we should see if we can't get the e2e tests running on a CI
server.

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
WOOT.

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.  Let's roll 0.10.

Posted by Jon Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Sure, that's fine.

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Bill,

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
PIG-2616 should be a blocker bug. It's to fix something broken and it's
ready to commit.

PIG-2574 and PIG-2587 are low-risk and are required to implement
functionality to make better estimates for number of reducers. It would be
great to get these in and I should have an updated PIG-2574 in the next day
or two.

PIG-2547 is a nice bit of new functionality that will simplify writing UDFs
that would be nice to ship if possible.

thanks,
Bill

billgraham@gmail.com going forward.*

Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.