Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ke...@journalscape.com> on 2002/10/28 17:59:45 UTC

Setting up ListServs

Hi all,

I am making the assumption that to add list serv functionality to James, I
need to add a mailet to the transport processor. I'm also assuming the class
should be JDBCListserv... let me know if either of those first two
assumptions are incorrect, or if there is a better class to use. :)

The bit that is confusing me right now is the mailet config. In the javadocs
for JDBCListserv, it has this example, but I don't understand the entries.

<mailet match="All" class="JDBCListserv">
	<data_source>maildb</datasource>
	<listserv_id>mylistserv</listserv_id>
	<listserv_table>source_email_address</listserv_table>
	<members_table>target_email_address</members_table>
</mailet>

data_source is no problem, I understand that. But I don't understand the
listserv_id, listserv_table or members_table fields.

Can anyone help or point me to the proper documentation on how to set this
up?

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

RE: Setting up ListServs

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kenny,

The current Listserv code is in desperate need of attention.  I don't
recommend that you use JDBCListserv until it all gets cleared up.  Here is
how you create a mailing list:

  <mailet match="CommandForListserv=myList@myDomain"
          class="AvalonListservManager">
    <repositoryName>myList</repositoryName>
  </mailet>

  <mailet match="RecipientIs=myList@myDomain" class="AvalonListserv">
    <repositoryName>myList</repositoryName>
    ... list options ...
  </mailet>

  <repository name="myList"

class="org.apache.james.userrepository.ListUsersJdbcRepository"
              destinationURL="db://maildb/lists/myList">
     <sqlFile>file://conf/sqlResources.xml</sqlFile>
  </repository>

The first two go into the processor chain, the last one goes into the
<users-store> block.

	--- Noel