Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Leena Ghatpande <lg...@hotmail.com> on 2018/04/23 13:08:04 UTC

Repair with -pr option vs Repair Local Datacenter, -pr fails but latter succeeds, how to proceed

In context with this earlier post I had
https://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg56122.html

We run repair on each node in the cluster with the -pr option on every table
within each keyspace individually. Repairs are run sequentially on each node
Repairs fail for all nodes for all tables with -pr option

But if we run the repair with DC option (-dc localdatacenter) for local
datacenters on all nodes for all tables, then all repairs are successfully.

Is this indication that the  repairs are good? can we proceed with with adding new nodes and
decomissioning nodes even when individual repairs fail but the DC repairs work

Is there anything else other than scrub that can be performed to fix the repair
issues?

Thanks

Leena