Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Meinhard Breckwoldt <me...@web.de> on 2007/03/18 18:36:01 UTC

Problem getting Slide Tomcat Bundle started

Hello,

in our project we want to intregrate a webdav server in an existing
Tomcat-application. To test Slide I have downloaded the Slide-Tomcat bundle.
Than I started Tomcat and Tomcat worked allright. But when I tried to open
the webdav folder the authentication failed. I couldn't find out the reason.
I followed everything which was written in the installation guide. Perhaps
the reason is that I try to install it on a Windows system. Is there anybody
who can help me with this problem. I am new with slide and I don't know so
much about tomcat. I would be very pleased, if anyone could help me.

Yours sincerely,
Meinhard Breckwoldt

Re: Problem getting Slide Tomcat Bundle started

Posted by Pablo Mosquera Saenz <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I use webdav in my aplication. I use Tomcat 4.1 and the webdav server is
IIS in Windows.

I use an utility implemeted, with the methods upload, download, delete, etc

I had a problem with the IIS server and not with the authentication. The
authentication was implemented with NTLM.
The problem with the server was with the contenth lenght, but now is ok

If your problem is with the authentication, try to see if you need NTLM
authentication.