Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sai Zhang <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 01:46:25 UTC

Running JMeter unit tests (test errors)

Hi all,

I downloaded JMeter 2.9 and would like to run its unit test suite.

I followed the instructions in its build.xml file to build JMeter from
source.

However, the following command fails (well not exactly fails, the test it
supposes to run fails):

ant junit  (by default: it runs the AllTest class)

or

ant  -Dtest.case=org.apache.jmeter.engine.TestTreeCloner.testCloning junit

More specifically, both commands above result in "Tests run=1, Failures: 0,
Errors: 1" which seems to be strange to me.

I doubt that I may use the wrong way to execute the unit tests of JMeter,
so could any one kindly share some tips on running its full test suite?

Thanks a lot

-Sai

Re: Running JMeter unit tests (test errors)

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Couldn't help noticing that you're using an old version. Is there a
particular reason why you're not using the latest one?
(I doubt that a lot of people have ran tests on such an old version in the
past year or more...)

Cheers,
Adrian S