Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/12/28 16:07:42 UTC

[wiki] created flex-contributors group

Hi,

FYI flex-administrators, I have created a flex-contributors group,
with the same rights as flex-committers for now, and added Frank
Wienberg to it as per his request. It's probably more convenient to
handle contributors permissions in this way, but I'm not sure what
level of confluence permissions you need to be able to change that.

Anyway, I have also added Alex and Justin to the flex-administrators
group, so that they can grant access to others as needed.

-Bertrand

Re: [wiki] created flex-contributors group

Posted by Frank Wienberg <fr...@jangaroo.net>.
Hi Alex, hi Bertrand,

just to let you know, I already triggered that my employer issues a CCLA so
that I can contribute (I suppose our legal department is on holiday, so it
will probably take until January).
Greetings
-Frank-

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [wiki] created flex-contributors group

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/28/12 7:27 AM, "Dave Fisher" <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2012, at 7:07 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI flex-administrators, I have created a flex-contributors group,
>> with the same rights as flex-committers for now, and added Frank
>> Wienberg to it as per his request. It's probably more convenient to
>> handle contributors permissions in this way, but I'm not sure what
>> level of confluence permissions you need to be able to change that.
>>
>> Anyway, I have also added Alex and Justin to the flex-administrators
>> group, so that they can grant access to others as needed.
>
> I like this solution. I'm around to help as well. Bertrand beat me to this
> request by 30 minutes :-)

Thanks.  One question though: do we need ICLAs from folks who want write
access to the wiki?  Frank, in particular, works for a company that has
already delivered a product in the topic area, and even though the company's
source code is open and lots of Frank's thoughts are on his blog, do we need
to be extra careful about his contributions to Apache wikis?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [wiki] created flex-contributors group

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 28, 2012, at 7:07 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FYI flex-administrators, I have created a flex-contributors group,
> with the same rights as flex-committers for now, and added Frank
> Wienberg to it as per his request. It's probably more convenient to
> handle contributors permissions in this way, but I'm not sure what
> level of confluence permissions you need to be able to change that.
>
> Anyway, I have also added Alex and Justin to the flex-administrators
> group, so that they can grant access to others as needed.

I like this solution. I'm around to help as well. Bertrand beat me to this request by 30 minutes :-)

Regards,
Dave