Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Valentin Avksentyev <va...@360works.com> on 2011/02/02 19:52:25 UTC

File upload progress bar

Hi I've been beating my head against the wall with this.

I'm overriding newWebRequest in my Application class:
@Override
    protected WebRequest newWebRequest(HttpServletRequest servletRequest)
    {
        return new UploadWebRequest(servletRequest);
    }

Here is the code in my upload panel class:
	Form<Void> uploadform = new Form<Void>("fileUploadForm") {
			@Override
			protected void onSubmit() {
				final FileUpload upload = fileUploadField.getFileUpload();
				if (upload != null) {
					try {
						File newFile = new File(uploadFolder, upload.getClientFileName() );
						// Save to new file
						newFile.createNewFile();
						upload.writeTo(newFile);
						_processSelection(server, newFile, destFolder);
					} catch (Exception e) {
						throw new RuntimeException("Unable to write file");
					}
				} else {
					throw new RuntimeException( "file selected for upload is empty" );
				}
			}
		};
		uploadform.setMultiPart(true);
		uploadform.setMaxSize(Bytes.gigabytes(1));

		uploadform.add(fileUploadField = new FileUploadField("fileInput"));
		uploadform.add(new UploadProgressBar("progress", uploadform));
		uploadform.add( new UploadValidator(fileUploadField, prefix) );
		add( uploadform );

This is based on the examples, the examples themselves are not working for me either:
I tried, http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/upload and http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/upload/ (the latter URL kinda works, it increments the remaining time but does not track the progress)

What am I doing wrong

-Valentin

Re: File upload progress bar

Posted by moèz ben rhouma <be...@gmail.com>.
If the example doesn't work so I  think the problem in your browser. Try to
empty the cache, cookies, histories ... and tries again.

RE: File upload progress bar

Posted by "Schaaf van der, Haiko H (NSC)" <Ha...@NS.NL>.
Ik kom het aankomende week ophalen.

Haiko van der Schaaf

NS Reizigers
CC-Internet, Business Systemen

Laan van Puntenburg 100
Postbus 2025
3500 HA Utrecht

T 06 - 18515494
www.ns.nl

Posted by azatmar <az...@gmail.com>.
PLease add in WicketApplication class in init() method

getApplicationSettings().setUploadProgressUpdatesEnabled(true);

Re: File upload progress bar

Posted by Valentin Avksentyev <va...@360works.com>.
I want clarify that the issue on Mac OS X is only with webkit browsers, I tested Safari and Chrome

There is no issue when using Firefox, progress bar tracks progress correctly.

Added an issue ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3443

-Valentin

Re: File upload progress bar

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.