Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/02/24 11:29:22 UTC

Chain the "URL shortening service".

Hi Pony mail users and devs :)

prefer to have a short URL when referring to messages in Pony Mail. I guess most of us do.

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Chain the "URL shortening service".

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 24/02/2017 � 19:31, Daniel Gruno a �crit :
> On 02/24/2017 07:29 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 24 February 2017 at 11:29, Jacques Le Roux
>> <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Pony mail users and devs :)

>>> special button to chain the "URL shortening service". Most of the time I
>>> prefer to have a short URL when referring to messages in Pony Mail. I guess
>>> most of us do.
>> PonyMail is a general purpose mail archiver.
>> It is not only used for the ASF.
>>
>> Any interface to a shortening service would have to be an optional
>> add-on, and would have to be able to support various different
>> services.
> Much like the oauth, it could be configurable addons that you just
> enable, yeah. I figure there's gotta be some shorteners out there that
> just plugs into whatever.
>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jacques

Hi,

Should I create a Jira to not lose the idea?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 24/02/2017 � 12:29, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :
> Hi Pony mail users and devs :)

> prefer to have a short URL when referring to messages in Pony Mail. I guess most of us do.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques

BTW the same would be useful in Jira for comments permalinks, maybe even Confluence. But I guess it would need more involved efforts (disclaimer: I
have no Jira nor Confluence extension knowledge)

Jacques