Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joaquin Obieta <Jo...@blackboard.com> on 2014/04/17 20:15:16 UTC

removeValve() in Container object

We are upgrading a solution to Tomcat 7 and have run into several challenges in dealing with the Tomcat context.

We've overcome how to retrieve the context object, but are currently struggling with a replacement for the "removeValve()" method.

In Tomcat 6, that method was inherited by StandardContext from ContainerBase. See https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardContext.html

In the Tomcat 7 documentation, https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardContext.html, there is no mention of it.

The Tomcat 7 ContainerBase object still has references to removeValve, but not the method. The Tomcat 6 documentation has the method explicitly defined:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.html
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.html

Any help would be appreciated.

JFO

Joaquin Obieta | Blackboard Inc.
Consultant, Blackboard Consulting
jobieta@blackboard.com
650 Massachusetts Ave NW, 6th Floor
p: 202.463.4860 x2807
p: 800.424.9299 x2807
Visit us online at:  www.blackboard.com<http://www.blackboard.com/>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in error.

Re: removeValve() in Container object

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 17/04/2014 19:15, Joaquin Obieta wrote:

<snip/>

> The Tomcat 7 ContainerBase object still has references to removeValve, but not the method. The Tomcat 6 documentation has the method explicitly defined:
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.html
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.html
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Context.getPipeline().removeValve(Valve)

Mark