Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sy...@cognos.com> on 2002/06/19 23:22:30 UTC

soap:fault

Hi all,

This is outside of Axis scope but I though maybe you guys have an idea.
I will try to be short.

I am trying to take the appropriate approach about returned soap:faults.  I
would like to know what are the plans wrt Axis.

I understand that the SOAP-ENV:Fault/detail content is application specific.
Is it correct to define a complexType that defines the content of the detail
node only?

Currently when a fault is returned, Axis is throwing an AxisFault.  In the
ideal world would Axis deserialise the fault detail node into it's type?  Or
rather Axis would throw the appropriate Exception object which would inherit
from AxisFault?

Anybody knows where I should redirect this question?

--
Sylvain