Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "Hartl, Gerhard L." <GH...@odu.edu> on 2011/03/24 21:56:21 UTC

Graphs are not showing up in Internet Explorer for VCL 2.2.1

I've installed the unreleased 2.2.1 VCL and only had one issue.  I've noticed that the graphs do not show up in Internet Explorer but they show up fine in Firefox.  Any ideas why?  Here are the browser errors I receive when displaying Statistics.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:53:09 UTC

Message: Expected identifier, string or number
Line: 107
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: https://streep.vcls.priv.odu.edu/vcl/js/statistics.js

Message: Object expected
Line: 25
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: https://streep.vcls.priv.odu.edu/vcl/index.php

- Gerhard Hartl
Old Dominion University

Re: Graphs are not showing up in Internet Explorer for VCL 2.2.1

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Gerhard,

Both of these issues are ones I found on our production site but never
remembered to check in to our code repo.  I just checked in the fix and will
be cutting a new RC shortly and starting the vote process all over again...

The fix is to change line 130 in dashboard.php from

$txt .= "     style=\"width: 300px; height: 300px;\">\n";

$txt .= "     style=\"width: 300px; height: 300px; text-align: left;\">\n";

Thanks for the report,
Josh

- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

RE: Graphs are not showing up in Internet Explorer for VCL 2.2.1

Posted by "Hartl, Gerhard L." <GH...@odu.edu>.
Just a note since I figure this is somewhat related, but while the graphs do show properly in IE now,  the  "Past 12 Hours of Active Reservations" graph on the dashboard does not show within the right column table for IE only.  It displays outside of it instead and it gets cut in half.  Looks fine in Firefox.  I tried to figure out where the bug is but couldn't find anything obvious.

- Gerhard
Old Dominion University

There's a small bug in js/statistics.js.  You need to modify generateColGraphsCB and generateHourGraphsCB.  Look for graph.addAxis and remove the ',' after the last element in each array.  I.e. the following two lines

minorTickStep: majortick / 2,
and
minorTickStep: majortick / 5,

become

minorTickStep: majortick / 2
and
minorTickStep: majortick / 5

IE doesn't like commas after the last element in an array, but Firefox is okay with it.

I'm hoping we don't have to go through a full cycle of cutting another RC and doing two rounds of votes to fix the bug in the release, but I emailed the vcl-dev list asking our mentors what to do.

Josh

On Thursday March 24, 2011, Hartl, Gerhard L. wrote:
> I've installed the unreleased 2.2.1 VCL and only had one issue.  I've
> noticed that the graphs do not show up in Internet Explorer but they
> show up fine in Firefox.  Any ideas why?  Here are the browser errors
> I receive when displaying Statistics.
>

> Webpage error details
>
> User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;
> Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
> 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Timestamp:
> Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:53:09 UTC
>

> Message: Expected identifier, string or number
> Line: 107
> Char: 2
> Code: 0
> URI: https://streep.vcls.priv.odu.edu/vcl/js/statistics.js
>

> Message: Object expected
> Line: 25
> Char: 4
> Code: 0
> URI: https://streep.vcls.priv.odu.edu/vcl/index.php
>

> - Gerhard Hartl
> Old Dominion University
- --
- -------------------------------

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Gerhard,

There's a small bug in js/statistics.js.  You need to modify
generateColGraphsCB and generateHourGraphsCB.  Look for graph.addAxis and
remove the ',' after the last element in each array.  I.e. the following two
lines

minorTickStep: majortick / 2,
and
minorTickStep: majortick / 5,

become

minorTickStep: majortick / 2
and
minorTickStep: majortick / 5

IE doesn't like commas after the last element in an array, but Firefox is okay
with it.

I'm hoping we don't have to go through a full cycle of cutting another RC and
doing two rounds of votes to fix the bug in the release, but I emailed the
vcl-dev list asking our mentors what to do.

Josh

On Thursday March 24, 2011, Hartl, Gerhard L. wrote:
> I've installed the unreleased 2.2.1 VCL and only had one issue.  I've
> noticed that the graphs do not show up in Internet Explorer but they show
> up fine in Firefox.  Any ideas why?  Here are the browser errors I receive
> when displaying Statistics.
>

> Webpage error details
>
> User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;
> Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
> 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Timestamp:
> Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:53:09 UTC
>

> Message: Expected identifier, string or number
> Line: 107
> Char: 2
> Code: 0
> URI: https://streep.vcls.priv.odu.edu/vcl/js/statistics.js