Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21)" <al...@credit-suisse.com> on 2005/06/02 01:49:27 UTC

HtmlCommand does not work when ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT=false

Because of a company-rule which does not allow Javascript in
web-applications, the Javascript-toggle is one of the most
important assets of MyFaces for us.

But the HtmlCommandLink component does not work when it is
set to false. I tested that under 1.0.8 and 1.0.9. It seems
that the UiForm does not call the command-links decode method.
I will try to debug that a bit more in depth and I have a small
webapp which I will stremaline a bit more if a testcase is needed.

regards
Alexander

Re: HtmlCommand does not work when ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT=false

Posted by Alessandro Polverini <al...@nibbles.it>.
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:04 +0200, Werner Punz wrote:
> A bypass definitely would be to use direct html
> via <input type ...> to pass down the form parameters.
> The decision of sun, to use javascript for the commandLink
> is perfectly understandable in the light, that it causes
> less problems than targetting plain html for form submits and combined
> form submits (which are often needed for more complex controls)
> [...]

The problem using commandButtons instead of commandLinks is that in the
former you can't pass parameters nesting f:params.
At least that what is happening to me.

I'm uncertain if this a declared thing of the specs or not.
If yes:
- why make behave them differently?
- how pass parameters to actions and actionListeners?

More detailed infos here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40myfaces.apache.org/msg04709.html

Thanks for any enlightment,
Alex

Re: HtmlCommand does not work when ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT=false

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
A bypass definitely would be to use direct html
via <input type ...> to pass down the form parameters.
The decision of sun, to use javascript for the commandLink
is perfectly understandable in the light, that it causes
less problems than targetting plain html for form submits and combined
form submits (which are often needed for more complex controls)

In the end I would recommend, to think twice about the decision of
trying to lock out javascript, things are currently heading in a very
pro javascript way. There currently is a huge buzzword momentum behind
Ajax (and it probably will stay that way for the forseeable future).

Javascript is not thad bad, if you have a good set of components
isolating the platform and browser dependend stuff.
On JSF level you wont see it in most cases anyway, that stuff should
be handled by well implemented renderers.

Werner

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.