Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2006/03/23 11:32:24 UTC

[Axis2] Variant OMElementImpl for data binding output

As part of the JiBX data binding implementation for Axis2 I need to
create OMElement nodes that are backed by JiBX data binding. Each node
of this type has an object to be serialized using JiBX marshalling, and
when the OMElement is told to serialize itself to an OMOutputImpl my
plan is to get the XMLStreamWriter from the OMOutputImpl and marshal to
that XMLStreamWriter.

At one point I know the output code was actually digging down into the
OM tree during serialization, so this approach would not work. Can
anyone tell me if that is still the case, or is the
serialize(OMOutputImpl) call now used for all output? Also, what's the
effect of WS-Security on this - does WS-Security work directly on the
OM, or does it intercept after the OM has been written to the
OMOutputImpl XMLStreamWriter?

Thanks,

  - Dennis

--