Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by sl...@fft.com on 2005/12/17 08:19:01 UTC

new site to add on Turbine-Powered Web Sites page

Hi.

According to the suggestion on
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/powered.html
I would like to add my site to this page.

TYPE: food and drink markets research and monitoring

Created By: Food for Thought (company info at www.fft.com)

Technically the portal runs in production for a couple of years on turbine  2.2,
 torque 3.0, velocity, mysql  4.0.x , suse enterprise linux server

Started on tomcat 4.0.x  , now on tomcat 5.0.30

No major problems running, though several times I saw an exception which says
“turbine can’t find  Index.vm”  (or any other .vm page); tomcat restart helps.

Thank you and sincere regards.

Slava Zimine, principal author of fft.com

(ancient id used on this list slava@japgod.mine.nu)

Re: new site to add on Turbine-Powered Web Sites page

Posted by Thomas Schmidt <ts...@suse.de>.
Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> It is a pleasure to do this ...
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

Hi Siegfried, if you like, you could also add
our project SWAMP (http://swamp.sf.net) to the list
of turbine users. It is a workflow management system
which includes a webinterface that is build with turbine.
Greetings

> slava@fft.com wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> According to the suggestion on
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/powered.html
>> I would like to add my site to this page.
>>
>> TYPE: food and drink markets research and monitoring
>>
>> Created By: Food for Thought (company info at www.fft.com)
>>

>> Technically the portal runs in production for a couple of years on
>> turbine  2.2,
>> torque 3.0, velocity, mysql  4.0.x , suse enterprise linux server
>>
>> Started on tomcat 4.0.x  , now on tomcat 5.0.30
>>
>> No major problems running, though several times I saw an exception
>> which says “turbine can’t find  Index.vm”  (or any other .vm page);
>> tomcat restart helps.
>>
>> Thank you and sincere regards.
>>
>> Slava Zimine, principal author of fft.com
>> (ancient id used on this list slava@japgod.mine.nu)

Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt@suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Internal Tools

New sites to add on Turbine-Powered Web Sites page

Posted by Martin Lidgard <ma...@arkatay.com>.
Hi all.

Given the positive response from Siegfried, I feel inspired to share some
information about our product that we have been developing since 2002: Tibet
Community Server 4.0.
Tibet Community Server is a content management system focusing on creating
community-based websites.

It was originally based on Turbine 2.1 and has since then been upgraded to
2.3 and we are eagerly awaiting the upcoming 2.4!
We are currently hosting more than 30 sites running on about 10 servlets on
three Trustix Secure Linux servers with Apache Httpd and Tomcat.

Tibet Community Server stretches Turbine beyond its intended scope with:
- multiple sites per servlet, resolving server name and locale and allowing
automatic configuration of Apache virtual hosts
- dynamic handling of skins, layouts and locales
- automatic resolving of custom request paths -- returning page content,
images or files
- tracking of visitors, handling bots, preferred locales and personalized
content
- extended dynamic security model for handling of security for individual
database objects such as pages, documents or modules
- site-wide search with locale-, security- and context-sensitive filtering
- scheduled mail sending with event-triggered hooks for user registration,
content-adding, etc.
- automagic link-validation of all links on a site, generating reports by
mail
- tight integration with several open source gui-tools such as FCKEditor --
a WYSIWYG editor
- reports and lists available as MS Excel using POI
- integration of several open source projects as content modules to add
photo galleries, forums, blogs, votings or rich media to web sites -- there
are currently more than 30 modules available in Tibet
- advanced image handling with resizing of uploaded images and WebDAV-access
for mass uploads
- tools for search engine optimization -- nice-URLs, exhaustive visitor
statistics, bot tracking, standards-compliant content and bot-sensitive
locale-handling
- multi-layer caching using OSCache and Turbine's own GlobalCacheService

The web site for Tibet Community Server:
TYPE: Tibet Community Server is a content management system for creating
community-based websites.
CREATED BY: Arkatay (www.arkatay.com)

One of our larger customer sites is the travel portal Travelgate.net,
available in six languages (English, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and
Icelandic). It is maintained by national tourist boards from about 50
different countries marketing themselves towards the Nordic market.
TYPE: Travelgate.net is an independent travel portal maintained by national
tourist boards from about 50 different countries.
CREATED BY: Arkatay (www.arkatay.com)

We would very much appreciate these sites being added to the Turbine-Powered
Web Sites page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/powered.html

Best regards -- and many thanks for fantastic work with Turbine!

Martin

Martin Lidgard
Product Manager

Arkatay                 Cell: +46 739 373815
Norra Vallgatan 4       Fax: +46 46 128792
SE 223 63  Lund         Mail: martin@arkatay.com
Sweden                  Web: www.arkatay.com

Re: new site to add on Turbine-Powered Web Sites page

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
It is a pleasure to do this ...

Siegfried Goeschl