Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2006/07/20 15:41:15 UTC

Archetype question

Hi,

My colleague and I are working on some archetypes and have run into a problem. I'm hoping
someone can help me out with this.

In our projects, we need a file that is named the same as the project. This would mean that
Maven would have to rename certain files that are defined in the archetype when creating
the project. Sort of like in the POM, we somehow want to define a certain pattern for Maven
to copy, eg:

'${artifactId}.txt' (or some pre-defined pattern) should be copied to the project as 'xxx.txt',
when Maven-archetype is run with the '-DartifactId=xxx'.

Does Maven support something like this? And should we use it? Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Roland