Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Juan Martin Buireo <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 00:17:11 UTC

Can't make something on Isis

Hi, I am with a problem trying to implement something on Apache Isis.
Here is what I want to do:
I have a class Country that has a String with the name of the country. Also
I have a class called Client which represents a client with the following
variables: String name, String surname, String address, Country country. I
made the setters and getters for all the properties. I also have the
classes Countries and Clients. Both of this classes have the methods create
and listAll. My problem is: I want to create a new Client and when I create
it, I want to have a select with the countries that I already persisted.
The problem is that I can't achieve this. I send the classes done on
attachment to understand how I am doing it. But basically is that what I
want, that when I create a new client, this one has a name, surname and
address to complete and a select with the countries that I already
persisted.
Thank you

Re: Can't make something on Isis

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi juan,

I'll answer there.

Thx
Dan

PS: I don't think the apache mailing list servers allow attachments, but
you could always upload eg to imgur.com and provide a hyperlink.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 4 June 2014 22:53, Juan Martin Buireo <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, it worked perfectly what you said.

[snip]

I have another question. Does Apache Isis have a plugin for mobile apps or
> something similar? What I am trying to say is an example of what OpenXava
> has: http://www.openxava.org/xavaphone.

Not right now, at least not out of the box and as polished as OpenXava
would seem to have.

> This allows to make a web application and after it's finished with that
> plugin I can turn it into a mobile web application. Is Apache Isis
> considering to do it in a not distant future?

Our direction is to build on the REST API provided by our Restful Objects
viewer [1], which implements the RO spec [2].  The intent is then for
client-side Javascript apps to consume this API.  The "next-gen" Isis
viewer will probably be written in AngularJS or similar.

I'm guessing that XavaPhone looks more like a PhoneGap'd webapp?  It would
certainly be possible to adapt and reskin the Wicket viewer to support
this, but it would probably take a good few weeks working full time to do
so...   Not on the roadmap for me.

Going back to RO client apps, last year we had two Google Summer of Coders
write generic viewers against RO.  One was a native Android viewer, the
other was PhoneGap/JQueryMobile.  Both would need some tidy up, but the JQM
one is most similar to OpenXava (albeit a different architecture); see [3]

HTH
Dan

[1] http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html#restfulobjects-viewer
[2] http://restfulobjects.org
[3] http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html#other-topics   --- in the
right-most column

~~~~~~~

> [...]
> approve your posting and can make sure you get any replies.  Thanks).
> OK, this is easy to achieve enough to achieve.  Several ways to accomplish
> it, in fact.
> given:
> public class Clients {
>
> public Client create(final @Named("Nombre") String name, final
> @Named("Apellido") String surname, final @Named("Direccion") String
> address, final @Named("Pais") Country country) {
>  final Client client = newTransientInstance(Client.class);
> client.setName(name);
> client.setSurname(surname);
>  client.setAddress(address);
> client.setCountry(country);
> persist(client);
> return client;
>  }
> }
>
> Option 1 [1]: if the list of Countrys is bounded and immutable (which it
> probably is), then just add @Bounded as an annotation to Country class:
> @Bounded
> public class Country { ... }
> ~~~
> Option 2 [2]:  if the list of Countries is the same in every context, but
> is quite long and you want to filter by name, then provide an autoComplete
> repository method:
> @AutoComplete(repository=Customers.class)
> public class Country {
> }
>
> public class Countries {
>     @Hidden
>     public List<Property> autoComplete(String searchPhrase) {
>         return ...
>     }
> }
>
> ~~~
> Option 3 [3]: if the list of Countries varies by context, and you don't
> want to filter by name, then provide a supporting choices method:
>
> public class Clients {
>
> public Client create(final @Named("Nombre") String name, final
> @Named("Apellido") String surname, final @Named("Direccion") String
> address, final @Named("Pais") Country country) { ... }
>         public Collection<Country> choices3Create() {
>         }
> }
> ~~~
> Option 4 [4]: if the list of Countries varies by context and you want to
> filter by name, then provide a supporting autoComplete method:
> public class Clients {
>
> public Client create(final @Named("Nombre") String name, final
> @Named("Apellido") String surname, final @Named("Direccion") String
> address, final @Named("Pais") Country country) { ... }
>         public Collection<Country> choices3AutoComplete(String
> searchPhrase) {
>         }
> }
>
> Let us know how you get on,
> Dan
>
> PS: I saw you had @ActionSemantics(Of.SAFE) for some actions - like create
> - that produce side-effects, ie are not safe.  Recommend you change

Thank you

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Juan,

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.