Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Raghavendra Vaidya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 01:48:46 UTC

Like to contribute...

Hi,

I would like to contribute to the AXIS2 Development.
Can some one tell me how do I access code using SVN client??
I tried to folllow the SVN link on the AXIS page but could not check
out the code.

Regards

Vaidya

RE: [Axis2] Re: Like to contribute...

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
HI Vaidya,
 See my comments below.

> Thanks for the reply...Is there a identified list of Samples to be
> written for AXIS2 M2??

We have already written some samples for Axis2 M2, which will access some
Google services and Amazon services.

> About running the test cases...I am able to run the test cases from a
> maven build...but not from eclipse IDE...it throws a FileNotFound
> Exception and the problem is with the directory structure that the
> test cases are expecting....has any one successfully run the test
> cases from with  in eclispe using thew Junit plug in of eclipe...I
> wanted to debug the AXIS2 Code line by line to get familier with the
> code...

Its like this. When you run a test case from an IDE, the working directory
should be set to the root of the module. For example, if you run a test case
in XML module, your working directory should be the xml module. This is
because we have set the path of resource files relative to the module.

Setting up the axis2 project in your ide is explained in the Axis2 site,
getting involved section.

In addition to the test cases, these are the To-Dos.

    * Encoding/data binding
    * SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 validation (I will do this)
    * JAX-RPC 1.1/2.0 compliance
    * Data binding support for WSDL Based code (server/client) code
generator
    * MTOM/MIME/SWA attachments support (Thilina will do this)
    * Complete XML infoset support for AXIOM (Ashu, Jaya and Venkat are
doing this)
    * Implementation of other transports. e.g. JMS..
    * Web Service Policy Support

Regards,
Eran Chinthaka

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi ;

If you are running test caseses from IDE first try to build and run I got
the same problem some times ago , and you can change test classes to run
form IDE.
Regarding axis2 samples right now I have do not have good sample in my mind
, any way (although its there with Axis2 M2) you can write a sample for
Google APIs, like search or spellchecker.

Deepal

Posted by Raghavendra Vaidya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raghavendra Vaidya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,