Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "D. Cardon" <my...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/10 00:11:42 UTC

[Trinidad] Setting the document type

How do I set the DOCTYPE declaration, when using a <tr:document>?
Currently, Trinidad appears to render out the HTML as:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" ...>

Is there any way to change this?

Thanks,

--David

http://sims.yahoo.com/

Re: [Trinidad] Setting the document type

Posted by Abhijit Ghosh <ab...@gmail.com>.
Or another easy way to check whether the browser is running in quirks mode
is to check the return value of 'document.compatMode' in the Firebug console
or in a script in the page.If the browser is in quirks mode the returned
value will be 'BackCompat' or something similar.

-- Abhi

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
"loose" is not in quirks mode.  It's "almost standards" mode, which
is virtually identical to full standards mode.

(Note that if there's whitespace above the doctype, you can
end up in quirks mode unexpectedly).

-- Adam

Posted by "D. Cardon" <my...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello David,

Posted by "D. Cardon" <my...@yahoo.com>.
Well, I would just like to be able to enforce <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> on the document.

--David

--- Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, there isn't currently.  What DTD are you looking for?
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 7/9/07, D. Cardon <my...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How do I set the DOCTYPE declaration, when using a <tr:document>?
> > Currently, Trinidad appears to render out the HTML as:
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" ...>
> >
> > Is there any way to change this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --David

> > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at
> Yahoo! Games.
> > http://sims.yahoo.com/

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: [Trinidad] Setting the document type

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.