Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by mimccu <mi...@davita.com> on 2017/04/13 19:14:08 UTC

Increase the truncation size of the web services transaction logging

Hello,

I'm trying to increase the truncation size of the web services transaction
logging, but I cannot get it to change.
Has anyone done this successfully?

For example:
FINE: Invoking handleMessage on interceptor
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor@172a1780
Mar 31, 2017 4:13:26 PM
org.apache.cxf.services.RespondingGatewayRetrievePortTypeService.RespondingGateway_Retrieve_PortTypePort.RespondingGateway_Retrieve_PortType
INFO: Inbound Message
----------------------------
ID: 16
Response-Code: 200
......<<removed logging>>
Messages:
Message (saved to tmp file):
Filename:
/apps/connectfx/gateway/temp/cxf-tmp-652156/cos2287423267104147031tmp
*(message truncated to 65536 bytes)*

It is truncating to 64K (64*1024).

I set a Java property named "org.apache.cxf.io.CachedOutputStream.Threshold"
to a higher value (for the org.apache.cxf.io.CachedOutputStream class).
This did not take, as I believe an interceptor is setting the value at a
higher level.
Apache CXF debug logging indicates the following interceptors:

ar 31, 2017 4:13:26 PM org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
outputChainToLog
FINE: Chain org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain@6c315447 was created.
Current flow:
  receive [PolicyInInterceptor, LoggingInInterceptor,
AttachmentInInterceptor]
  post-stream [StaxInInterceptor]
  read [WSDLGetInterceptor, ReadHeadersInterceptor, SoapActionInInterceptor,
StartBodyInterceptor]
  pre-protocol [MAPCodec, MustUnderstandInterceptor]
  user-protocol [SoapResponseInInterceptor]
  post-protocol [CheckFaultInterceptor, JAXBAttachmentSchemaValidationHack]
  unmarshal [DocLiteralInInterceptor, SoapHeaderInterceptor]
  pre-logical [MAPAggregatorImpl]
  post-logical [WrapperClassInInterceptor]
  pre-invoke [SwAInInterceptor, HolderInInterceptor]

There is probably some way to configure the LoggingInInterceptor - under
WEB-INF\classes, there are webservices.xml files for this service.
However, the only interceptor that is registered is:
        <jaxws:inInterceptors>
            <ref bean="securityConfigInInterceptor" />
        </jaxws:inInterceptors>

Any suggestions?  Does anyone know how to find the additional interceptors
or a way to override the current set of interceptors?  It does not look like
I am finding all configuration settings, as there are many more interceptors
according to the logging above.

NOTE:  The code which is using CXF is not my own.  The project using CXF is
Connect 4.2.1:
https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CONNECT4/CONNECT+4.2.
I have tried to get assistance from the Connect forums w/o any luck, so I'm
hoping for some "reverse engineering" suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike