Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Burak Sarp <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/03/17 06:43:02 UTC

Update Delivery Service URL

Hi,
I needed to update Delivery Service URL,Is it enough to update delivery service in ops adn CR Config? I mean after updating Cr Config the remap.config in Traffic Server will be changed?lastly, is it safe to update delivery service url on the fly?
thanks,burak

Re: Update Delivery Service URL

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
You will also need to queue updates for the caches assigned to this delivery service and run the ORT script in “syncds” mode to update the configuration on the caches. This is how remap.config is changed.

CRConfig only goes out to Traffic Monitor and Traffic Router.

This is pretty safe to do on the fly, but once you run the ORT script the config will be changes on caches, so the caches will no longer respond to the original URL remap rule. If this is a system in production, you might want to consider setting up a second delivery service that shares the same origin server. When rolling out a new DS be sure to run ORT on the caches before SnapShot CRConfig.

—Eric