Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 06:08:31 UTC

Alternative dependency mediation

Does Maven 3.x support any strategies other than "nearest definition" for
transitive dependency mediation?

Specifically I am interested in if it has the ability to use the "highest
version #" found anywhere in the dependency tree.

Phillip

Re: Alternative dependency mediation

Posted by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks!  I might just look into that.

Phillip

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Would be nice if this was pluggable.  We've (me and others out the Illegal
Argument podcast) lamented Maven not resolving the "lowest version in the
range" when compiling.

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Leonard Ehrenfried <

Posted by Leonard Ehrenfried <le...@web.de>.
We tried to change the version *range* resolution strategy once at my old
company. We found that this component is not injected by the DI container
but rather instantiated with 'new'.

A colleague of mine wrote a patch and opened a ticket [1] that does exactly
that. We didn't end up using the patch ourselves but maybe it can give you a

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.