Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "J. Norment" <jn...@soulinstinct.com> on 2002/12/27 22:27:11 UTC

'catch-all mailet' no longer works

Gee... everyone on this list will hate me before this is over...

I'm only asking THIS question because I updated james to the 2-1-pop3file version:

I had an entry for a processor that was intended to just file all mail received into one mail box.  Well, now it is filing the mail, but it is not sending the mail when it is retrieved.  Could this have anything to do with the changes implemented in the way the file persistence now works?  ( It worked before, in the previous 2.1 rc )

Here is the processor, which comes right before the error processor:

      <!-- A catch-all processor to allow any email received for any supported domains -->
      <!-- to be filed into one mailbox. -->
      <processor name="catchall">
         <!-- Logs any messages to the repository specified -->
         <mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
            <repositoryPath> file://var/mail/inboxes/jnorment</repositoryPath>
         </mailet> <!-- Do not pass through. -->
      </processor>

      <!-- The error processor is required.  James may internally set emails to the -->

This change is also noteworthy:

      <processor name="transport">

         <!-- Is the recipient is for a local account, deliver it locally -->
         <mailet match="RecipientIsLocal" class="LocalDelivery"/>

         <!-- If the host is handled by this server and it did not get -->
         <!-- locally delivered, this is an invalid recipient -->
         <mailet match="HostIsLocal" class="ToProcessor">
	    <processor>catchall</processor>
            <!--<processor>error</processor>-->
         </mailet>

'catch-all mailet' works again

Posted by "J. Norment" <jn...@soulinstinct.com>.
FYI: That was it.  Started 2-1-pop3file up with the fixed config and it processed everything in the mailbox.

Re: 'catch-all mailet' no longer works

Posted by "J. Norment" <jn...@soulinstinct.com>.
Serge: Thanks for all your help!

(Found my problem.) You were awfully close.

Figured it out from here:

28/12/02 09:54:53 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/inboxes/MAIL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
28/12/02 09:54:54 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/inboxes/jnormentMAIL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
28/12/02 09:54:54 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/error/MAIL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
28/12/02 09:54:54 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/outgoing/SPOOL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonSpoolRepository
28/12/02 09:54:54 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/spam/MAIL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
28/12/02 09:55:42 INFO  mailstore: added repository: file://var/mail/inboxes/jnorment/MAIL->org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository

file://var/mail/inboxes/jnormentMAIL != file://var/mail/inboxes/jnorment/MAIL

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
J. Norment wrote:
> Well... I made the mistake of not backing up the config file that I had created.  ( I won't do that again... )
> I've tried to duplicate it as near as I can, however, I must not have come 'close enough', as rolling back james and copying the config file didn't fix my problem...
>
> What could cause messages stored in mail/inboxes/jnorment not to be passed on to the email program checking for mail for jnorment?

No reason I can think of.  The only thing I can think of is maybe you
meant file:/var/mail/inboxes/jnorment instead of
file://var/mail/inboxes/jnorment.

Anyway, when I get a chance later today I'm going to test this out.
--
Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/