Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me> on 2013/08/22 16:11:22 UTC

[persistence]

*Note:  copying the JDO developers alias.*

I saw your post<http://blog.osgi.org/2013/08/the-perfect-osgi-persistence-model.html>on
using persistence technologies, and would like to extend you an offer
attend the JDO expert group's weekly conference call to discuss the matter.
 Here are the conference call coordinates.

(CRAIG/MICHAEL/MICHELLE: can you please confirm the time for Peter?  I
can't tell if we've changed from 9 AM PT to 10 AM PT.)

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

I have been a member of JDO since 2000, and was the primary driver for
the 3.0.1
point release<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO/fixforversion/12317950>that
added OSGi headers to the JDO API jar, so I can sympathize with your
dilemma.

While I suspect that the JDO specification itself, under the auspices of
the JCP, should not address OSGi, I do believe that it's appropriate for
the Apache JDO project <http://db.apache.org/jdo> to produce bits that help
implementations better export the PersistenceManagerFactory and other
interfaces.  I would suggest that you work directly with the JDO
implementations as well, especially DataNucleus (the JDO reference
implementation), which I think has already done a fairly good job of
supporting OSGi.

Sincerely,
Matthew
--
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me <ma...@matthewadams.me>
skype:matthewadams12

Re: [persistence]

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi,

the date/time for the conference call is: Fridays 9 am Pacific Daylight
Time (PDT). I will send out the agenda soon.

Regards Michael

> I'd love to participate if you have a date/time for me ...
>
> Looking forward, kind regards,
>
> 	Peter Kriens
>
> On 22 aug. 2013, at 16:11, Matthew Adams wrote:
>
>> Note:  copying the JDO developers alias.
>>
>> I saw your post on using persistence technologies, and would like to extend you an offer to attend the JDO expert group's weekly conference call to discuss the matter.  Here are the conference call coordinates.
>>
>> (CRAIG/MICHAEL/MICHELLE: can you please confirm the time for Peter?  I can't tell if we've changed from 9 AM PT to 10 AM PT.)
>>
>> Dial-in numbers are:
>> US Toll free: 866 682-4770
>> Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
>> Germany Toll free: 08006648515
>> (Other countries by request)
>>
>> To place the call:
>> 1. Call the toll free number.
>> 2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
>> 3. Enter the security code 1111#
>>
>> I have been a member of JDO since 2000, and was the primary driver for the 3.0.1 point release that added OSGi headers to the JDO API jar, so I can sympathize with your dilemma.
>>
>> While I suspect that the JDO specification itself, under the auspices of the JCP, should not address OSGi, I do believe that it's appropriate for the Apache JDO project to produce bits that help implementations better export the PersistenceManagerFactory and other interfaces.  I would suggest that you work directly with the JDO implementations as well, especially DataNucleus (the JDO reference implementation), which I think has already done a fairly good job of supporting OSGi.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Matthew
>> --
>> mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me