Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/12/30 07:20:49 UTC

trunk build docs using forrest_06_branch (Was: Remove current docs in trunk)

The build of Cocoon's static docs in trunk is now using
the forrest_06_branch.

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/forrest_06_branch
cd forrest_06_branch
./build.sh
export FORREST_HOME=`pwd`/src/core
export PATH=$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

cd /usr/local/svn/cocoon-trunk
./build docs
... and see the result in build/cocoon-2.2.0-dev/site/

(Edit forrest.properties first to disable xml validation of xdocs
as there is a strange problem with xml entities being injected
into some of the xdocs which contain tab-characters in their source,
maybe by Cocoon's SitemapTask.)

The 'build docs' uses the new default skin called "pelt" which uses
CSS rather than the old skin which used html tables for layout.
The colours, heading style, etc. can be tweaked in the
src/documentation/skinconf.xml

If there are no objections, then in the new year i will upgrade
the cocoon-2_1_X branch and the cocoon-site top-level to both
use forrest-0.6 too.

--David

Re: trunk build docs using forrest_06_branch

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > The build of Cocoon's static docs in trunk is now using
> > the forrest_06_branch.
>
> Oh, i forgot to mention.
>
> cd /svn/asf/cocoon-trunk
> forrest run
> http://localhost:8888/
> edit docs on the filesystem and see the effect.
>
> There is one catch. Normally you would edit the xdocs/* at
> their source. However, Cocoon 'build docs' is pre-processing
> the xdocs and copying them to build/cocoon.../documents/xdocs/
> so that is where 'forrest run' is operating.
>
> For convenience you can temporarily change that in
> forrest.properties (project.xdocs-dir) to use the source docs
> directly.

Those instructions are still valid, but Forrest has been
disconnected by the 'build docs', so now you need to do

cd /svn/asf/cocoon-trunk
./build.sh docs
forrest

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.